Battlezone Shaky vectors

From: Colin Davies <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed Oct 05 2005 - 17:42:37 EDT

Hi Guys,

Got my first battlezone cpu / math box running after a bit of fighting with a solding iron, only casualties are a burned finger so far...

Main problems found were a couple of bad counters on the timer which showed up with a probe / comparator, and a shorted capacitor on the sample and hold / window circuit only giving me the top half of the screen...

Ok... the vectors are little bit wobbly / shaky... Its been suggested to have a prod at the vector timer circuit, but I would appreciate some trobleshooting tips please if anone has seen this before....

I'm hoping that it might be something silly like a bad smoothing on the AR board, bad grounds or something similarly easy to repair.... The Monitor is fine btw....

Also looking for a working HV unit if anyone has a spare kicking around....

Many thanks,
Regards,
Colin