Re: How rare is early Asteroids board marked "Asteroid"?

From: Joseph Magiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 08:06:09 EST

Dave,

I really don't think it's anything special. I have two of these myself and when I asked some people about them a while back, they felt it was nothing special. The ROM versions on the board are captured in MAME (don't recall which version though). Of course if someone wants to pay me $50 more than the board is worth for it because of that, well, okay I'll sell. (Don't do it, it ain't worth it, and besides neither of mine work).

As to the other question you posed on the speed up mod, I have one board with some sort of add on board. I asked the list about it a couple years ago, if I recall, some people offered a guess, but no one could say for sure what it was or what it did. We'd have to look it up in the vector list archives.

Joe
joemagiera@ameritech.net

Electronicamuse@aol.com wrote:
Not talking about the B&W version, but the early Asteroids. I am finally going through a stack of 30 Asteroids boards that I have accumulated. There are a few different layouts, but one single board is masked Asteroid. Is that simply from the first run?

Dave

+++++Ask me about Retrocade 30-in-1 MultiPac kits for Midway Pac Man and Ms Pac Man boards and same kit already attached to a new JAMMA PCB. Also we now have purchased the rights to WG6100 (Tempest, etc) new deflection boards and HVU boards. Also HVU boards for Amplifone (Star Wars). These are version 2 with no extra wiring or mods necessary. Ask about Star Wars overlays and new cabinets for Midway cocktail, upright, mini, Dragon's Lair, Williams, Golden Tee Fore, and Ultra-MAME++++