RE: Asteroids speedmod daughtercards

From: Alex Yeckley <ayeckley_at_elektronforge.com>
Date: Wed Nov 23 2005 - 11:50:28 EST

>the one on the right is an official Atari daughtercard, probably missing
some of it's IC's.

Ummm, I may be wrong about this, but I believe the Atari Rate Multiplier has
nothing to do with the speed mod. I thought that daughterboard replaced the
7497 rate multipliers used for scaling vector lengths in the DVG.

Also, I haven't studied it closely, but I'm not sure the one on the left has
anything to do with the speed mod either. Seems to me that it was tied into
the watchdog, IIRC. I've only seen it on boards from Sonic cabinets.

[Standing by to be corrected...]

Alex

----
ayeckley@elektronforge.com