Fwd: sega multigame speech hack

From: <eyeamnomad_at_excite.com>
Date: Sun Nov 27 2005 - 18:40:13 EST

 Hello, I here am new.I emailed the following questions to a guy who created a sound hack for the Clay Sega Multigame kit. He told me to post here, and that you guys "can help abounch". Please read the questions below. Any advice? Scott Slaughter ----- Forwarded message from arcadexpo@mchsi.com ----- Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 06:44:34 +0000 From: arcadexpo@mchsi.comReply-To: arcadexpo@mchsi.com Subject: Re: sega multigame speech hack To: slaughtr@nist.govvectorlist@vectorlist.org These guys can help abounch.Fred&gt; Hello,&gt; &gt; I am working on restoring a Star Trek machine, and I thought when I had it &gt; working, I would get the Clay Sega Multigame Kit. Then I stumbled onto your &gt; hack information and files. Well, I'm afraid I'm just technical enough to be &gt; dangerous -- which means I break more stuff than I fix. At any rate, I &gt; thought I might attempt it anyway, since I plan to bug the guys in the &gt; electronics shop here at work for
help.&gt; I have a couple of questions, though: First, I have the Universal Sound &gt; Board that came with the Star Trek. Do I need any ROMs or boards from the &gt; other games to do this, or is the speech for the other games already encoded &gt; in the Multigame kit chips?&gt; Also, one of the "parts needed" that you list is "Combined rom images (or the &gt; ability to combine them)." I'm not really sure what this means.&gt; You have a couple of files attached to your instructions, that the hacker is &gt; supposed to "burn" onto the EPROMs. I have no idea how I would do that. Do &gt; you need special equipment for that?&gt; Finally, you mentioned possibly upgrading the hack to include all the sound. &gt; Is that something you've gotten around to yet?&gt; Oh, well. I'm probably in over my head on this, but what the heck. Maybe &gt; I'll learn something.&gt; Any help or advice or whatever that you can provide would be greatly &gt; appreciated (I'll play a game
of Tac/Scan in your honor).&gt; &gt; Scott Slaughter----- End forwarded message -----