Star Trek side art

From: <eyeamnomad_at_excite.com>
Date: Wed Nov 30 2005 - 16:47:07 EST

 Sorry that this isn't a technical question. I have a Star Trek upright (original cabinet), and the side art is a bit scratched up. I saw NOS side art on ebay (right side only) and bought one (item 6227627494). The description said, "Sega Star Trek Strategic Operations Simulator -- NOS Side Art for the Vertical cabinet -- Right Side Art Graphic Sticker -- DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS ONE! -- This graphic is 100% factory original artwork. NOT A REPRINT! Still has the deep original colors. Beautiful! -- If you are looking to restore you original Sega Star Trek S.T.O.S Arcade video game cabinet back to its original glory look no further!"Well, I got it today and it does not fit the original cabinet. It IS for an upright cabinet, clearly, but it is NOT for the original upright Star Trek machine. Did I get totally gypped?? Do I have a right to complain???There is a photo on the ebay site, but unfortunately I didn't look at it that closely. In hindsight, I see that it is not th!
same shape as the original u/r side art. Anyone know what it IS for? -- Scott PS to John Robertson or anyone else: I'm getting another Star Trek u/r (asteroids cab) that does not have a P/S. I understand from looking through the archives that I can use a switching P/S and an audio amp for the audio power. But what about the 3VAC? Robertson once said, "the original use of the 3VAC was a valid power detect reset. If the power switch was quickly cycled on/off/on this wouldforce a reset. [This] Was a way around the fast cycle reset free credits that some games gave." So I don't really need it? What about the marquee light and the cooling fan? How will I power those?