Re: Re[2]: Asteroids DMACNT signal and vgen instruction set

From: Philip Pemberton <philpem_at_dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Sun Dec 11 2005 - 10:35:48 EST

In message <E1ElHrR-000HuJ-00.highwayman2000-mail-ru@f40.mail.ru>
          peter jones <highwayman2000@mail.ru> wrote:

> if your in london i can lend you an asteroids/asteroids-deluxe too.

Nope - I'm a bit further north than that (West Yorkshire area) and don't have
room for a full size Asteroids anyway. I could probably find room for the
boardset and an XY monitor though.

I'm not too keen on the idea of wiring logic analysers and EPROM emulators up
to other people's stuff... Thanks for the offer, though.

I think I've got SVEC sussed out - if you shift one of the coordinate
bitpairs left 8 bits, you get the value that would be passed to VCTR. Add two
to the "scale" bitpair and you get the value of the equivalent VCTR opcode.

Now to get my DVG clone working... Great fun, especially when the CPLD is a
160-pin PQFP...

Later.

--
Phil.                              | Acorn RiscPC600 SA220 64MB+6GB 100baseT
philpem@philpem.me.uk              | Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxe R2 512MB+100GB