RE: Fwd: sega multigame speech hack

From: <eyeamnomad_at_excite.com>
Date: Sun Dec 11 2005 - 12:17:43 EST

 Many thanks to Simon Hanlon who answered my question from last month. Here is a paraphrasing of his response:
Hi ScottI plan on doing this same hack, when it states you need to combine the images for the speech board it means you have to add all the data from the different games onto a larger eprom this is done in an editor program that works with an eprom programmer. The other problem is you need the specific sound card for each game...spacefury, eliminator, and universal for star trek + Zektor I think eliminator and tacscan use the same sound card. Check eBay and ask the list if you need any of the sound cards,RegardsSimon

Now, I'm wondering why no one has created a hardware- or software-based speech &amp; sound emulator for the Sega G80 games, designed to work with the Clay multigame and or the ZVG board.

-- Scott