Re: Free Wintron Innards

From: Rodger Boots <rlboots_at_cedar-rapids.net>
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 00:39:43 EST

Jess Askey wrote:

> I have my old wintron innards that I disected a long time ago in order
> to create this document...
>
> http://www.gamearchive.com/General/Data_Sheets/amplifone/custom_data.pdf
>
> Does anyone want the old PCB for any reason before I throw it away? It
> consists of a PC board with 5 caps, lots of HV diodes and some HV
> resistors. The Transformer is gone... I might have the core still but
> I unwound it. If someone is working on an amplifone replacement then
> this may be helpful since it is rare for a Wintron to die (mine did)
> so Im sure there aren't many corpses out there.
>
> If you want it, give me your address and I will drop it in the mail.
> Only ask if you are serious about making replacements please.
>
> thanks
>
> jess

Well, that explains the sorry voltage regulation---the more stages of
voltage multiplication used the poorer the regulation will be. A modern
flyback (doesn't use a multiplier) with built-in focus & G2 pots would
be a massive improvement for this circuit (and could get rid of MC1 at
the same time).

I don't suppose you counted turns (granted, that would be a bit much to
ask for)?

Looks like you have enough information to find a replacement flyback (or
an existing flyback if mounting can be modified).