RE: Re[4]: WINTRONS

From: Ed Henciak <ehenciak_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 16:15:31 EST

It has been a long time since I looked at it, but I recall having to install
a very high wattage, low ohm resistor and I needed to heat sink a transistor
that was on the board. Steve gave me the resistor. I had a good heatsink
in my garage.

Overall, the display looked great. Keep in mind that both myself and the
person that wound up with the machine are VERY picky people. I never
understood why anyone found the boards to be problematic...I never pursued
this as I only needed one replacement unit.

Jeff is a much better engineer than I, so he can probably provide you with a
lot more detail :)!

This sounds nutty, but are you absolutely certain your solder joints on the
board are OK? It looked nasty soldering the wires from the Amplifone
harness to the board...maybe you have a problem there.

I am wondering if soldering a connector to the board is the way to go. The
new/replacement harness can make use of those Molex trifurcon (or whatever
they call them) crimp-on pins for an outstanding connection....I use these
in pinball machines all the time (well, when I have time to restore an old
Williams or Bally machine). Very low resistance and the connection is made
on three sides of the pin.

Ed