Tempest vector jitter.

From: Alexander Glaser <alex_at_galaga.org>
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 21:47:34 EST

Dear All:

        I am relatively new to this group after having recently acquired a
Tempest machine (and now gradually abandoning my Atari 2600
collection ;-). In the meantime, I have installed an LV-2000, but I
have started to observe "vector-jitter" occurring sporadically once
the machine has warmed up. Without trying to describe the problems
with too many words, this is the way it more or less looks like:
http://www.superzapper.org/problem/

        Can one assume that the WG-board(s) are the primary cause of the
problem (rather than components on main PCBs)?

        Is recapping likely to help? I've ordered a Zanen Get-Well kit (not
yet installed), but I understand that not all "potentially
problematic" parts would be replaced. Are there specific components
that I should definitely exchange (and that may not be part of the
standard Zanen kit)?

        I'd appreciate any suggestions and comments. Regards, Alex