High Voltage Probe Usage Help

From: Tom Cloud <robot_tank_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 12:34:55 EST

Hello all,

  I think this will be a simple question to those out there that have used one of these in the past.

  I've not used one before, but I picked up one off of a ebay auction. It has a built in analog meter and a wire coming out of the bottom of it with an aligator clip on it. No instructions came with the probe.

  I'm going to give it a try to discharge a WG monitor. The monitor is OUT of the game and on the workbench. I'm assuming that aligator clip will connect to ground somewhere. Can anyone suggest where I might connect this clip to? All FAQ's I've read say to connect it to chassis, but since the monitor is not in the game, the monitor chassis is not currently grounded - hense my ?

  Any info would be appreciated.
  Regards,
  Tom Cloud