B/W HV Diode Replacement Question?

From: Tom Cloud <robot_tank_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 19:46:19 EST

Hello all,

  I have a 19V2000 BW monitor that is blooming. It was a NOS monitor when I bought it about 2 years ago. It was working fine until several months ago. It started to bloom. I've since pulled it out of my Battlezone game and put another monitor in it. I'm ready to try to fix this problem.

  I'd like to know how the heck to change this diode? I have the part, it looks like this:
  http://www.arcadeshop.com/pics/hvdiode.jpg
   I just don't know where it goes or how to install it. I've seen this diagram:
  http://www.arcadeshop.com/pics/high-voltage-rectifier.jpg
  It makes it look like it's inside this assembly like a fuse, spring loaded on both ends....

  I'm confused...?

  Any info would be appreciated.
  Regards,
  Tom Cloud