Re: B/W HV Diode Replacement Question?

From: John Robertson <jrr_at_flippers.com>
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 12:32:26 EST

No, this ("A workable substitute for the Flyback for Ampliphone XY
monitors (and other XY games)") is not for substituting the picture
tube, it was a kludge (work-around) for the days when separate HV
power supplies did not exist and I had nothing to fix the old
Ampliphone HV section so I hacked in a working 4600 chassis. By the
way it is STILL running (about 15 years now).
(what he is referring to - http://www.flippers.com/vid-tips.html )

Others have found workable replacements for the tube (AIR), but I do
not have that info. Search the vectorlist archives...see the bottom
of this email to get there.

John :-#)#