Re: Red HV: It's Alive...

From: simon <simonjhanlon_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 06:58:07 EST

On the subject of the Red HV I had an email this morning from a bespoke
transformer company in Germany. The sales guy told me that they can supply
cloned A201005-01 for 49 Euros each! I have ordered one and there is a 6
weeks waiting time. I will test it out and see if it is any good before
buying some more.

I also dismantled the original Red for wire lengths today. I found the
primary is split in 2 like the 6100 transformer pin1: 18mm diameter
core,54turns anti-clockwise @ 307cm length to pin2
Pin 2: 18mm diameter core, 27 turns clockwise @ 165.5 cm length to pin 9
I guess they were going to use pin 2 to generate video voltage but never
used it.
B+ winding was 15mm diameter core, 93 turns clockwise @ 465cm
The Secondary can be calculated from the primary to give a 20 kv range

May be of use to someone one day!