Re: SW Death Star Blooming

From: Tom Cloud <robot_tank_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Mar 29 2006 - 12:08:45 EST

Just an FYI as most responders don't seem to be using a 6100 monitor in their SW machines. I have a 6100 in my Star Wars upright that has a beautiful picture. During the DS explosion, I notice a very slight blooming, and I mean slight, effect. After the last explosion is really where you notice it, if you notice it at all, then after that sequence it snaps right back to normal.

  Regards,
  Tom

simon <simonjhanlon@btopenworld.com> wrote:
  No there isn't any control on the monitor to do that. I think what Mark was
pointing out was that Atari actually pushed the colour outputs to the max to
cause the EHT to drop and give a blooming effect. I have watched the Voltage
at different stages and when there is a lot of action going on the EHT drops
as much as 2kv. At least the 6100 HV regulates the b+ to try and keep things
stable.