Tempest problems

From: joemagiera <joemagiera_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Sun Apr 02 2006 - 15:08:40 EDT

Another game party casualty. After on for a few hours in a warm room with
20+ other games on, my Tempest developed two problems:

1) The display starting shrinking, by the time I shut it off, it was
probably half the size of the original normal screen size. It didn't appear
distorted, it seems like the vertical and horizontal shrunk in proportion.

2) The displays were starting to be distorted. The game seemed to play
normally, but for example, 3/4 of a screen would appear fine, but the last
quarter was just all scrambled up. The first time I saw it it reminded me
of Tempest Tubes which seems to have a lot of extreme shapes in the designs
of the levels. I take it this is likely a mathbox error/breakdown, but
where to go from there?

Does anyone have advice on what to start checking for these? Thanks,

Joe
joemagiera@ameritech.net