Re: screwy Asteroids problem (running in Asteroids Deluxe cabinet)

From: Mark Shostak <xx.vl_at_cinelabs.com>
Date: Sun Apr 02 2006 - 14:59:34 EDT

Good deduction; I have a cabaret.

Two comments:

1 - With regard to your problem, it doesn't sound like a side effect of the
s/w changes, nor your wiring changes. I would start by putting the original
roms back in, and see if you still have the problem.

2 - Some of the games used jumpers on the edge connector to configure the
inverters. I don't recall if A/AD does, but a quick look at the schematics
would answer that. If so, it's a h/w problem.

If the inverters are controlled by s/w, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist
to add a line or two to properly initialize the inverters for the appropriate
cabinet type. Check out the schematics and let us know, then we'll be
more motivated to give you a patch to try. :-)

-Mark

P.S. Scott B. is probably the premier Asteroids/AD expert these days,
he may be able to tell you off the top of his head, followed by Neil...