Re: Boxing Bugs CPU cuts-n-jumps

From: Mark Shostak <xx.vl_at_cinelabs.com>
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 22:50:45 EDT

The memory model used here is "linear", that is, it counts from 000b to 111b.
This is as opposed to other memory models used on the CCPU, where you need
the h/w to enforce proper page values, because s/w is capable of writing
any value to the P register. That's why you end up with the J-K; it keeps
out values like 00b and 11b. Looking at an old board, I just used an LS175,
which provided 3 bits, plus a fourth, for a 64K address space. The J-K uses
too many nets.

-Mark