Re: WG 6100 replacement deflection jitters

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu Apr 13 2006 - 18:57:57 EDT

At 2:24 PM -0700 4/13/06, Chris Loggans wrote:
>I was recently asked to work on a WG K6100 monitor
>that has the replacement deflection board from Arcade
>Shop installed. The monitor works fine but the
>vectors are very shakey. I remember that there was a
>fix for this, but I can't seem to locate the
>instructions. Steve at Arcade Shop couldn't find them
>either, but he did send the parts kit (consisting of 2
>diodes and 2 caps) that needs to be installed. Does
>anyone know where these 4 parts go?
>
>Thanks,
>-Chris

Depends what you mean by "shakey". One form of image (electrical)
noise is generated by the HV cage supplies - this will show up as all
the lines wiggling around a tiny bit. For this I replace all the
Electorlytic caps (radial only) in the HV cage. Don't forget to up
the voltage of the two in teh middle. They started out as 35V, should
be at least 63V with 100VDC best. I also suggest that you buy
Hi-Frequency caps - Digi-Key and others - as they don't heat up as
much and thus will last much longer than 'standard' electrolytic
(even 105C ones).

I have an Asteroids monitor (LV series) that has a wriggle on the DC
vectors only. Replaced the main filters, plus the smaller electros on
the deflection board...too busy to look further I grabbed another
board from my spares box and it only needed a new 3R9 resistor. Some
day my spares box will need looking at!

John :-#)#

                  www.flippers.com