Re: NE566's - Asteroids etc.

From: COLIN DAVIES <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Fri Apr 14 2006 - 19:22:40 EDT

Hi, these parts are commony available (certainly in the UK) and are very cheap ( < 50 cents ). They are not rare as the seller implies. Regards, Colin

John Robertson <pinball@telus.net> wrote:
        If you are looking for these at a reasonable price AND you live ONLY in the USA then you might be interested in bidding on these:
  http://cgi.ebay.com/NE566-RARE-Function-Generator-Synthesizer-LM566_W0QQitemZ7407303135QQcategoryZ38071QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

  Typically they sell for around $5 - $8US but I've seen them stay as low as $2.85. I'm sure anyone that wants them can organize with others to find a way to keep the prices reasonable. He seems to have a lot of them - been selling them in 7 (!?) lots for a few months...

  Used in Asteroids and others the seller refuses to deal outside of the United States. I have had to ask a friend to bid on a recent lot for me to get around the sellers blocking of foreign bidders...