Re[2]: Battlezone Strangeness

From: Christopher X. Candreva <chris_at_westnet.com>
Date: Mon Jun 05 2006 - 11:22:34 EDT

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006, peter jones wrote:

> > Actually, the last error I encountered prior to my harness having problems
> > was a mathbox "M" error, but I resolved that by "fluffing" the interconnect
> > cable and it cleared it right up.
> >
> you gave it a blowjob?
> what is fluffing?

Stick you hand in and move the interconnect wires back and forth, gently.

> resoldering the sockets & replacing the cable would have been better.

Yeah, you would think so, wouldn't you ? Except, of course, in the middle of
party. Or after the party, when you move the cab to open it u p, and it
starts working all on it's own. So you reflow all the solder anyway, and a
day later it stops working AGAIN.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Done this a few times now. Testing out the whole
interconnect cable, perfect continuity on each wire, and I don't trust my
ability to make one as good as what is there.

I've given up. When the screen wigs out I 'fluf' the interconnect until it
works again. When that method stops working, at least I'll have something
definitely broken to try to trouble-shoot.