Space Duel keeps blowing AVG chips

From: Steve <stevenprendergast_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jul 29 2006 - 07:35:36 EDT

My Space Duel has gone though 3 AVG chips in maybe 5 hours of actual 'ON'
time over the past year. Any ideas what I should be looking at?

I had the machine on last night and was playing my Major Havoc right next to
it - all of the sudden the monitor went blank and the start buttons both lit
and stayed lit and the coin lockout coils started clicking. Could this be
power related? AFAIK the brick and AR2 boards are original to the cabinet
and have never been rebuilt whereas the SD board itself came from Alex
Yeckley at ElektronForge and was gone over.

Thanks!

-Steve P.

All messages are scanned with Norton Anti-Virus