Re: WG 6102

From: Scott Caldwell <scottcaldwell_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat Aug 05 2006 - 16:50:30 EDT

As a follow-up, I started going through the troubleshooting flow charge
and found the following (I did this with all plugs in place - P600, P700
& P100):

P900 on HV
- Pin 1 shows 28v solid if the monitor screen blanks, but stays around
   the 27.x range with fluctuations from 25.0 to 28.4 with the screen on.
- Pin 5 shows around 25v-27v with the screen blank and 190v solid
   when it on. It's my understanding that show read 180v, not 190v.

I'm thinking the above proves I have an issue in the HV section and it's
probably the caps or surrounding components, such as Q900-Q903.
Checking Bob Robert's WG6100 cap kit (and the additional parts
list) and it doesn't seem to include Q900. Should I assume that part
never goes bad?

Scott Caldwell