Low HV on Dim WG6100

From: Malcolm Mackenzie <maxstang_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat Aug 12 2006 - 13:03:14 EDT

I've been wondering for a while why my Space Duel had a dim monitor, and while I had it out to test a Tempest I finally checked the HV. I don't have an HV Probe so I checked the B+ voltage at the connector on the HV board. It read 145 volts. I understand that it should be in the neighborhood of 181, so I turned the pot and got it up to 162.5 volts, but it wouldn't go any higher. I checked the monitor and it seems a bit brighter, but still too dim. Any thoughts on what might be limiting my HV? -Malcolm