Re: Amplifone replacement is here!!

From: Cris Rhea <crhea_at_mayo.edu>
Date: Tue Aug 22 2006 - 18:50:51 EDT

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 03:38:31PM -0700, Clay Cowgill wrote:
> > Maybe you guys in the States use another term for "soak test".
>
> "Burn in test" - a longer term test (often at elevated
> temperature/environmental conditions) designed to test for failures over a
> longer operational period and/or over a more stressful environment than
> might normally be encountered in the normal product application.
>
> It seems like everyone has their own favorite terms...
>
> -Clay

I used the term "Soak Test" back when I did software testing for AT&T. In our case, this meant
continuous running of a test suite to look for edge conditions ("What happens when test 3 happens
to be running at the same time as test 7?"). Continuous execution of a test suite also tended to
stress the CPU and memory as there were no idle cycles. This testing may be used in
conjunction with environmentals such as temp or power.

--- Cris