Re: OT: Motorola M5000/7000 HV Transformer

From: COLIN DAVIES <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 10:42:34 EDT

Its just a the bare metal clamp (probably does something 'in the core' too) which mounts the transformer to the pcb and also clamps the ferrites together firmly isnt it ? Should be possible to repair ( if thats all thats wrong with it !! )

  You will see a break/split/gap in the ferite half way down, I'm not sure if there needs to be a thin spacer/insulator between here or not, but it is probably important to get it right. There were definatlely spacers inside the core on my g05-802 , but cant recall if there were any on the outside. Your transformer looks VERY similar to the one used in these.

  Regards, Colin

Joel <donfuego@sscs.se> wrote:

Hey all!
Hope you don't mind; I know this is not for a vector monitor, but since we
got all HVT people up
on their toes, I thought I'd just pitch this in:

I've got a Sprint2 with what is clearly, a dead HV transformer since I can
see the wire going from top of the HVT down to the PCB is broken off. Now
the funny thing is that nothing seem to be burnt anywhere and the fuses are
not blown. How could this be? Here's a picture: http://ricci.se/data/hvt.jpg

Now, are there any chances this hvt could be repaired or are there any
replacements that fit to this pre-historic monitor?

Thanks,

Joel