Re: dead reds

From: jrok <jrokweb_at_san.rr.com>
Date: Sun Aug 27 2006 - 18:17:49 EDT

At 10:50 PM 8/25/2006, you wrote:
>Well it looks like for now this is way out on Voltage levels. I ran it lat
>night and could only get an out of focus picture due to the Anode voltage
>being about 9kv too low :(

9kV out, bummer :( Is this a 'standard' model of flyback or a custom job ?
I ask as looking at 'modern' flybacks they mostly seem to run from a
120v-160v voltage. So my thinking goes.. using a 48V available as a source
( the -24 to +24 on the Amplifone board ) you'd theoretically only get
a voltage stepped to around 10kV ? Correct me if I'm wrong ;)

Also for general interest I've seen monitor/TV's running around a
50V supply into to a boost regulator to generate about 130v before
powering the primary of the flyback.

Great idea for a drop in replacement BTW, hope you get it working.

- James