Re: Re[2]: VECTOR:Re: Obscure Battlezone AVG board fault

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 12:56:43 EDT

make sure someone didn't spill some sort of semi-conductive goo on it at
some point that has dried up. I have fixed boards in the past by rinsing
them under luke warm water for 10 minutes and then letting them dry in
the sun. I live in Wyoming so moisture dissapears pretty much instantly
around here so 'washing' them isn't really a concern. You never know
what goo may lurk under some IC's.

Also, Im guessing this is on your bench supply and not in the cab? Since
the watchdog is on the 10.3V supply and the VCC is derived from the
10.3V maybe a power issue relating to Big Blue if you are running in the
cab. A stretch... but a possibility I suppose?