Re: OT - TTL Circuit: Pullup vs Supply

From: Jess Askey <jess_at_askey.org>
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 23:40:10 EDT

These are all 74LSXX parts, nothing fancy, I need to use the old IC's
since Im replicating an existing 1983 circuit and want the same designed
prop delays etc. So... no HC stuff. :-)

Some of the pins I have tied high are the LOAD line on 74LS163 Binary
Loadable Counters, the CARRY IN pins on adders, etc.

The circuit Im replicating used a common 1K pullup resistor on all of
these so the hardware guru's at Atari must have had some reasoning... Im
just not quite sure that that reason was.