Re: Looking for EPROM's

From: Philip Pemberton <philpem_at_philpem.me.uk>
Date: Mon Sep 18 2006 - 14:21:23 EDT

Cameron Rector wrote:
> Where is the best place to get 2532's? is it acceptable to just buy a
> lot of used eproms from ebay and pick through until I find good ones
> (doesn't sound like the way to go) or do I buy new (sounds like the way
> to go).

ISTR there are a few different variants of the 2532 - different manufacturers,
different parts, same part number sort of thing. What's the full part number
of the ones you're replacing?

You might be better off doubling up the binary image and programming it into a
2764, then make an adapter out of a couple of IC sockets. Tie the unused
address lines to either Gnd or Vcc - doesn't matter which.

The hard part is (IIRC) one of the 2532 variants had dual chip selects - the
normal active-low !CS, and a active-high CS as well. I might be
misremembering, but it's probably worth downloading the datasheet and checking
it out.

--
Phil.                         |  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
philpem@philpem.me.uk         | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain