Re: Programmer troubles with a new twist.

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 11:05:25 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Cameron Rector <crector@pacbell.net>
To: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 05:50:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: VECTOR: Programmer troubles with a new twist.

> First of all; I have to say my troubles are looking more and more self induced.
>
> I talked to some people on the techtool fourm and got a tip to watch A11 with a logic probe while programming. Well intresting enough; A11 goes high right at 800h and stays high though the rest of the programming (that is what it shoud do). So this got me thinking of performing a few more tests.
>
> 1. first I loaded a blank eprom into ram, then I viewed the ram and saw it was filled with FF (which is correct). Then I performed a verify and it passes (and it should). I next loaded my binary file (I am assuming its binary) and re-ran verify and it fails (and it should). Then I program the ram (containing the file) into the eprom and the post program verify fails (and it should not). So I see it fails at 800h (as it always does) and it shows ram = 00 and the device = A2 (or something simular, I forgot the exact number). So at this point I see from 800h on things don't match up. I next load ram again with FF just to make sure it is clear and then download the device into ram. I then view the ram at 800h and it says 800h = 00. I again run verify and again it fails at 800h saying the same thing ram = 00 and the device = A2.
>
> Now how the heck can that happen? I just downloaded the device into ram and verified it against its own contents and it fails showing it has a different number than what it downloaded.

not knowing anything about the programmer, but if it has internal ram then maybe the internal ram is bad or a11 to the ram is bad.

write all 0's to the ram and read it back, the same with FF, and 55.

can you change the buffer size? my micromaster can - maybe yours is set too small?

when address $0800 is wrong, is it the same as what's in $0000 ???