Re: Major Havoc Speech...

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Sun Oct 08 2006 - 23:17:02 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Jess Askey <jess@askey.org>
To: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 20:49:04 -0600
Subject: VECTOR: Major Havoc Speech...

> I just submitted a diff file for the mhavoc and family driver that adds
> speech support to the production havoc PCB. It won't get you anywhere
> with Havoc production ROM's tho as Owen never wrote any speech code.
> However, the 'Return to Vaxx' hack I did *does* contain speech code. I
> have no idea when this will make it into Mame,

considering the clowns in control at the moment i would not hold your breath.
i was contributing a lot including a few very rare italian games that had large chunks of logic stuck in resin and one that had 100% burried tracks and i metered-out the entire schematic!

for all that i got told to fuckoff (literally) for bringing up the fact that a recent release bug should not have been possible if the guy compiling it had actually tested it.

also, they have started putting roms in with identicle names and ignoring fixes on the grounds:

1: the loader uses the zip checksum not the filename.
2: harddrive space is cheap.

with that attitude i hate to speculate how much longer it can continue without a blatant "branch".
the "core" people also think they own the submitted code outright and can sell it if they wish without asking or aknowleging that they are doing so.

i'm done with them now - i can take any of that crap and continue assisting in any way.