Re: Omega Race repair

From: <MKDUD_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 01:52:47 EDT

In a message dated 10/13/2006 4:31:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
blk-1@beercade.com writes:

Sorry about that last post of mine..

Any interested in this crazy offer?

Fix my Omega Race caberet and you can have a complete Omega Race caberet. I
have
3 of them.

You're saying "lots of battery acid damage", and I'm sure somebody might
want to help you with your offer, and I hope they are able to repair your
machine (s). However, you might want to provide pics to see if a restoration of the
boardset is even possible, or, economically feasable.

I just fixed 2 Omega race machines. The first boardset was not too bad,
usual ram and dac / op-amp issues, very slight corrosion near the reset section
and clock. Harness was fine.

The second was a nightmare. Corrosion had gone into the harness, wrecking
the edge connector @ J7 on the main pcb, as well as the edge connector to the
daughterboard. Corrosion was into the wires from J7 almost a foot down, also
was getting all the way to connector J1 on the daughterboard. If I had to do
this again, I would have told the owner to replace the harness, and get another
 main board that was in better condition.

I'm wondering if anyone has attempted restoration of some of the really
acid-trashed Omega Race boards, goodness knows there are enough of them out
there... If you're interested, here are "before" pics of the really trashed main
board - took alot of hours to reapir it, not something I'd want to try again
for a while...

_http://members.aol.com:/mkdud/trashedor/acidboard1_
(http://members.aol.com:/mkdud/trashedor/acidboard1)

_http://members.aol.com:/mkdud/trashedor/acidboard2_