Re: Omega Race repair

From: John Robertson <pinball_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 02:13:13 EDT

A few years ago a friend and I designed a simple Z80 CPU/RAM/ROM
board with a GAL (to program the RAM/ROM/CMOS memory map) to possibly
replace the corroded areas of games - originally for the Game Plan
MPU. Never did get very far with it, as both time and need never
pushed us to continue past the prototype PCB. This plugs into the Z80
socket on the motherboard of the defective game, and one cuts
out/disables the damaged areas to avoid interference. Has it's own
reset IC as well (if wanted).

Still - if anyone wants to continue the research I am happy to send
out one PCB for an expert to play with. I suspect it might work for
the Omega Race. All you need is a programmer that handles GALs and
Eproms to play with it. The RAM was designed to go up to a 4164 and
the ROM to 27256 as I recall. The CMOS is a (Dallas) 2K X8 equiv.

John :-#)#

                  www.flippers.com