Vector: Cinematronics monitor - half screen problem

From: Lewis D'Aubin <ldaubin_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon Nov 20 2006 - 20:30:47 EST

Hello all,

I've got a Cinematronics monitor that's driving me nuts (heard that this
is a common complaint...) Anyway, I just rebuilt two of these monitors,
one for a friend, one for myself. My friend's monitor now works fine.
Mine displays the left half of the image. Anything intended for the
right side is collapsed into a line in the center. With a scope in XY
mode, I get a good image straight off the X and Y gain pots, so the
DAC80's and the analog switch are fine. But on the emitter of Q201 I
get half an image. I know this is wrong because on the good monitor, I
get a full image on that transistor... but I tested that transistor out
of circuit and it seemed fine. Also replaced all diodes in the X
section with new 2004's, and replaced all resistors I halfway suspected.
  Anyone had this problem before? Any ideas?

                                                -Lewis