Re: Vector: Cinematronics monitor - half screen problem

From: Cameron Rector <crector_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Tue Nov 21 2006 - 00:07:17 EST

I am not sure I follow your trouble in detail. If I am not mistaken; you can swap the x and y driver transistors. Each axis has two driver transistors one PNP and the other NPN. One drives the screen to the right of center (x axis) and the other to the left. The same things happen on the y axis (one drives above center and the other below. With this in mind you can determine which transistor is not driving. If the transistor is driving (which you can check by swaping between x & y axis) then you may have problems with the deflection coils. If you have the manual you should be able to get some expected voltage readings from the schematics.

  I hope this helps,
  Cameron

Lewis D'Aubin <ldaubin@bellsouth.net> wrote:
  Hello all,

I've got a Cinematronics monitor that's driving me nuts (heard that this
is a common complaint...) Anyway, I just rebuilt two of these monitors,
one for a friend, one for myself. My friend's monitor now works fine.
Mine displays the left half of the image. Anything intended for the
right side is collapsed into a line in the center. With a scope in XY
mode, I get a good image straight off the X and Y gain pots, so the
DAC80's and the analog switch are fine. But on the emitter of Q201 I
get half an image. I know this is wrong because on the good monitor, I
get a full image on that transistor... but I tested that transistor out
of circuit and it seemed fine. Also replaced all diodes in the X
section with new 2004's, and replaced all resistors I halfway suspected.
Anyone had this problem before? Any ideas?

-Lewis