Re: Star Trek: EJECT THE CORE!

From: K.S. <kstillinger_at_sc.rr.com>
Date: Sun Feb 25 2007 - 22:16:36 EST

Hey Scott,

  Yeah- don't do anything rash- especially if you LIKE the game. I can
play almost marathon on certain settings.

  I can fix your monitor. They're not always the easiest thing to work
on, but if you stay methodical about it, you can usually track
everything through. A good working boardset is the only way to start.

  I've fixed five or six of these chassis over the last ten years and
just received another chassis from one that had the tube broken last
week. If you'd like me to look at yours (and you're not in a rush), let
me know. I'll show you how to disconnect everything with the least
amount of damage. If you can solder (unsolder), then the most important
thing to know when disassembling one is to unsolder the white wire that
goes from the focus assembly to the tube pin socket. The last couple of
chassis I received had some wires cut where they didn't have to be.

  If you've already got somebody in line, then keep me in mind if it
falls through.

  Hey- if you want to drive to SC and work a deal, you can haul home a
working standup that has been sitting in the corner for a year or more!

  Kerry