Re: Gravitar/Amplifone issue

From: Mark Hooks <markhooks_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon Mar 26 2007 - 21:09:43 EDT

The Pat 9000 is simply a substitute for a cabinet. It allows you to work on
or test a circuit board on your benchtop as opposed to messing around in the
back of a cabinet all stooped over. You start knowing you have a good power
supply and monitor. It even has built in self protections to keep a bad
board from cooking the test monitor. Some use a catbox with it for
diagnosis. I use a Fluke 9010A with the PAT 9000 to actually diagnose issues
with roms and RAMs. I've misplaced my space Duel Gravitar adapter though.
Its here in my workroom somewhere so I'll find it..

Typically amplifone problems won't keep the game from booting, however they
can damage the output items. Your symptoms sound like amplifone problems
since the XY voltages swing.