Re[2]: 6100

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Fri Apr 06 2007 - 01:19:25 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: "Jim Crismale" <jimc@arcaderehab.com>
To: <vectorlist@vectorlist.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 23:11:16 -0400
Subject: RE: VECTOR: 6100

> 6100's are rock solid if you take a systematic approach in repair and do the
> proper upgrades as per the 6100 guide. At least that's my experience.
>
> With all due respect, why not put everything on eBay and move on with your
> life? Throwing $500 worth of rare vector monitors into the dumpster, how
> does that make any sense?

yea, i could have fixed those for no more than $50 each, and that's assuming i'd strip them down to the copper&paxoline and replace everything but the transformers.

when i get hv units in that's what i do anyway, i'v had enough of resistors that change value.

better to keep the lopt and pulse-transformer and just strip the rest of the parts into the bin.
then clean the pcb, cage & transformer and do a complete rebuild.

the lopt and transformer can be tested and you *know* it's gonna work when you throw the switch.