Re: WG6100 no HV

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Apr 08 2007 - 11:18:42 EDT

Sounds like exactly what I was having...on one of the
arcadeshop's HV units..low voltage only..the other
one, neither.
The original one if I remember my 'original' problem
showed Tempest, but it was very magnified and very
faint...then disappeared..so I bought the repro HV
units, which of course didn't do anything but confuse
things and lead to said monitor being broken.
But anyways, before it got broken I seem to remember
getting the image back with original, then having it
fade away again. When I did get the repro parts in, I
removed the old HV board and noticed a small amount of
spatter on the casing behind the tranformer, and a
little blob of melted crap on the case of the
transformer..so I don't know how to test it, but I'm
gonna assume it dies, but worked enough to give me
this confusing faded image and voltage not over
4,500volts at anode.