Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: Re[2]: 6100

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Sun Apr 08 2007 - 11:35:01 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: andre <livnfree_can@yahoo.com>
To: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 08:28:52 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Re[2]: VECTOR: Re[2]: VECTOR: Re[2]: VECTOR: Re[2]: VECTOR: 6100

> I'll check...pretty sure I don't hear anything.
>
> Couple other things off top of head..
>
> G08's drop voltage at anode with power off very
> slowly...the monitor holds its charge pretty good..but
> this 6100 drops to zero when turned off in a
> second...with probe or without probe..normal?

some hv transformers have bleeder resistors in them to disipate the charge for safety.

> On case of HV unit there is a to-220 packaged item
> that I have 2 different types of on my 2 supplies..and
> 6100 manual does not list what this part is..does
> anyone know what the original part was? It is screwed
> to the side, insulated with mica and has a 3-prong
> plug attached to it.

that's the legeondary BU406 - *BANG* , there goes another one ;)

i keep meaning to find a better replacement for them,
at one point i was looking at the bu2508a but i cant remember if it was a match.
it's used in 100hz tv's & svga monitors - very solid & reliable.
(and cheap)