Lunar Lander troubleshooting help please

From: Jim Visser <jimvisser_at_kentisd.org>
Date: Fri Apr 13 2007 - 06:46:26 EDT

I have a new to me Lunar Lander. I just got the pcb back from being professionally repaired. It appeared the Z output was stuck as I had retrace lines and bright dots scattered throughout the screen. Contrast and brightness had no effect on the retrace lines. I played one game on it and decided to adjust the screen size. As I was adjusting the pots, the G05-801 collapsed horizontally so I only have a line running from top to bottom. I checked the pcb on my oscilloscope and the game is displayed correctly, except for the retrace lines. I tried new deflection transistors and I get the same thing.
I have so far recapped the monitor. I have gone over the deflection pcb three seperate times looking for cold joints. I can't find any more. I have a brand new Big Blue and a rebuilt AR board. I have the correct voltages at all test points.
I think I have two seperate problems. My z output is stuck at 1.25vdc. Is there an easy fix for this? I really don't want to send my pcb back for an easily fixed problem.
What should I check on my monitor to fix the collapse?
Thanks for any tips and help.
jim