Re[2]: Re[2]: Gravitar

From: peter jones <highwayman2000_at_mail.ru>
Date: Fri Apr 13 2007 - 13:48:32 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: andre <livnfree_can@yahoo.com>
To: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 10:10:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Re[2]: VECTOR: Gravitar

> Also, I can read all of these chips ok (that fail),
> and then program them with what I have read and it
> works to 100% and verifies ok... But if I try to open
> a proper image, it will fail.
> Maybe its a junk programmer...

no, you just dont have a clue how eproms work, or how to use them.

if you erase one all bits are set to "1"
when they are programmed some bits get set to "0".

if you try to write an image to the chip that's already in it the programmer will send each byte, then read it back & compare the 2.
because it came from it in the first place it will verify o.k.
but if there is a bit different it will fail because it can change a "1" to a "0" but not the other way around.