Re: Re[2]: Omega Race

From: andre <livnfree_can_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat Apr 14 2007 - 19:10:03 EDT

I was looking at that..
Eproms either program or they don't right? I have 2
Omega Race sets I did...and sort of related, 1 extra
Space Duel. When I used the newly programmed set to
replace a working, older set it all looks fine except
when the ship comes out that shoots the sparks, there
are vectors drawn from every spark to the top of the
screen. Self test just comes up with a blank box with
white border..its pretty messed up.

But on the Omega Race, one set in one board won't even
allow me to coin up. I use the other set in same board
and I can coin up. All these Eproms verified fine and
wrote fine..

Now when I coin up with the set that works, the LED's
light in the proper sequence, and I can now push one
and they all go off..no sounds. If I coin up
immediately again, they start flashing in sequence so
no game is actually playing I guess. I replaced the
amps on MB and on the screen there is a dot in center,
and one about 3-4 inches below thatwith some lines
(curved a bit) that join the dots. In between those
dots are some other faint ones. The monitor is
chattering..its quiet, but its there. Every so often
the mess of dots and lines jumps down a couple inches
and sits there...then jumps back up later.. I cannot
remember what the OR screens look like when it sits
there but the timing is almost like a
gameplay/highscore cycle...