RE: Asty power brick question..

From: Bob Langelius <bob_at_miltonmerl.com>
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 12:24:30 EDT

http://elektronforge.com/transassy.htm

  _____

From: owner-vectorlist@vectorlist.org
[mailto:owner-vectorlist@vectorlist.org] On Behalf Of COLIN DAVIES
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 12:09 PM
To: vectorlist@vectorlist.org
Subject: Re: VECTOR: Asty power brick question..

Hiya P !!

If one of the voltage selector plugs has brown wires, then that should be
the one for the 240V selector. My asteroids is an Atari Ireland one iirc and
is set for French Francs - It has the multi voltage psu with the selector
plugs.

Cheers, Colin

Pinx <pinx.32@tesco.net> wrote:

Hi peeps,

this one is aimed at our U.S. brethrens..

I have just bought a U.S. model Asteroids and its complete bar a few little
bits (but ive just sourced those on ebay) anyway, looking in the bottom at
the power brick i see it has a voltage selector plug on it. On my U.K.
Asteroids the power brick has no voltage selector plug and i was under the
opinion that all Asteroids power bricks were like this. Can anyone tell me
what kind of brick should be in the bottom of a U.S. Asteroids ? I have this
sneaky feeling that someone has switched it out and just put any old power
brick in there...

If its the correct one cool, i can just swop over the selector plug and
it'll save me having to find a U.K. one. If not has anyone got a U.K. power
brick going spare ???

Pick here of whats in there now : http://stickycarpet.com/pinx/bits2.html

TIA

Pinx