Re: Asty power brick question..

From: COLIN DAVIES <colin.w.davies_at_btopenworld.com>
Date: Tue Apr 17 2007 - 12:09:04 EDT

Hiya P !!

  If one of the voltage selector plugs has brown wires, then that should be the one for the 240V selector. My asteroids is an Atari Ireland one iirc and is set for French Francs - It has the multi voltage psu with the selector plugs.

  Cheers, Colin

Pinx <pinx.32@tesco.net> wrote:
          Hi peeps,

  this one is aimed at our U.S. brethrens..

  I have just bought a U.S. model Asteroids and its complete bar a few little bits (but ive just sourced those on ebay) anyway, looking in the bottom at the power brick i see it has a voltage selector plug on it. On my U.K. Asteroids the power brick has no voltage selector plug and i was under the opinion that all Asteroids power bricks were like this. Can anyone tell me what kind of brick should be in the bottom of a U.S. Asteroids ? I have this sneaky feeling that someone has switched it out and just put any old power brick in there...
  If its the correct one cool, i can just swop over the selector plug and it'll save me having to find a U.K. one. If not has anyone got a U.K. power brick going spare ???

  Pick here of whats in there now : http://stickycarpet.com/pinx/bits2.html

  TIA

  Pinx