Re: Speaking of multigame, A/AD/LL?

From: Sean McLachlan <sean_at_lithoflexo.com>
Date: Wed Apr 18 2007 - 15:16:45 EDT

Christopher X. Candreva wrote:
> Uhm, I bet you've never actually played LL with this method.
>
> It makes slow, controlled decent nearly impossible. You really want to be
> able to set a thrust level and keep it there.
>
> -Chris (Looking around uncomfortably wondering why no one else is laughing .
> . .)
Gotta say I'm with Chris on this one, but since it's user selectable,
everyone wins. And support for an external control? How great is
that?!! Nice job, Scott. I'm already planning a small thrust control box.

http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Arcade_Atari_Kee/Lunar_Lander/Lunar_Lander_DP-136-3rd-02A.pdf

Schems say a 5K pot was on the original, and if you say all I'll have to
do is is wire up a 5K pot to the header of your multigame board and
it'll work, I'll rename all 3 of my kids "Scott Brasington McLachlan",
even the girl.

I always thought that the LL part of the multigame would be a bonus, but
rather weak, due to unavoidable control issues. Sounds like you are
really going the extra mile to make it as good as it can be. Put me
down for one as soon as it's out or available for preorder. I'd like to
support this project and the man behind it.

--
Sean McLachlan