Re: Color CRTs, dot pitch, resolution and the like...

From: Scott Caldwell <scottcaldwell_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu Apr 19 2007 - 08:25:22 EDT

Clay, that sounds correct. It's possible they pushed the pixels to the
next resolution of 1024 pixels
horizontally, since that's the next increment, but I question whether
they could reach the vertical of
768. Additionally, if they are being literal in their description of
the monitor, it maxes out at
800x600, since by definition VGA = 640x480 and SVGA = 800x600.
XGA=1024x768.
Admittedly, a lot of manufacturers fudged on the 1024x768 over the years
and called it SVGA
too.

I know the standard dot pitch for 1024x768 monitors is 0.28 or better
and has been for many,
many years (computer monitors).

Scott C.