Re: 6100 Questions

From: <Electronicamuse_at_aol.com>
Date: Sun Apr 29 2007 - 23:47:58 EDT

In a message dated 4/29/2007 2:54:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ron.matuszak@buckeye-express.com writes:

One lead on the "B" and checking the readings across "E" and "C" with the
other lead. Is this the right way to do it?

I am not a formally educated techie, so let me give this a shot and let the
group elders grade my practical knowledge.

You should measure the trannie in all 6 combinations. E to C, then C to E, B
to C, then C to B, etc. Out of circuit, you should read 550-800 in one
direction only. If you get a reading the other direction, it's bad. Also bad if
its open in both directions or way low (like 200) or dead short in any
direction. Basically think of it like reading diodes.

How'd I do? Did I learn anything over the past 13 years? :)

Dave