6100 Questions

From: Ron Matuszak <ron.matuszak_at_buckeye-express.com>
Date: Sun Apr 29 2007 - 17:53:33 EDT

Hi Everyone,

I just had my 6100 working for the first time. When the R702 and R703 burned up. Big flames, about 2in high.. Now when I power it up, I blow F700. I changed the chassis mounted transistors. It still happens. I also tested the Q703/Q704 and they seem to be ok. Is the reading across EBC supposed to be in the 650 range ? I was checking them using my Digital Meter. One lead on the "B" and checking the readings across "E" and "C" with the other lead. Is this the right way to do it? They are the same reading both directions. I also checked every resistor in the "X" circuit, they check good.

Anybody have a suggestion as to what is wrong ? I have been all over this board, and it has me stumped. All of the voltages check good on P900. I also have the LV2000 installed. I know I'm missing something. I just don't know what.. I really want to play my Gravitar. It was very cool seeing it on the screen for about a 1/2 hour. Thanks in advance.

-Ron